Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hee-Haw #1 (Charlton Comics, 1970)



When I was akid growing up in the sticks, this television show seemed to be required viewing amongst folks of my parents and grandparents age. Now, I was a kid that stuck out like a sore thumb amongst my peers....and sought a means to escape my rural farmland hometown via education. I thought further education was a means of escaping the stereotypes that had been thrusted upon my peers. And I succeeded...somewhat.


Then, a weird thing happened in my twenties, after graduating college.


I started to become nostalgiac for this odd culture...the so-called "hill-billy" lifestyle, that I struggled to leave behind. It's weird the things one finds comfort in as they grow older, I guess.
Anyways....I love oddball comics. I love Charlton books. And, just to show you that Charlton would license anything....here's 1970's Hee-Haw #1.


No comments: